AFAAS, DLEC, RESCAR-AOC, ANADER and GFRAS are organising a Joint Event on Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services under the theme: « The Future of Agricultural Advisory Services in Africa: Evidence and New Directions ».
This event will take place in Hotel Ivotel Plateau in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, from 24-26 June 2019. Its overall objective is to share lessons learned from evidence on advisory services in Africa and to discuss ways to implement them through existing and new projects using AFAAS country forums as the basis for multi-stakeholder platforms. This will be done through:
- Sharing results and recommendations of various evidence on advisory services in the region
- Agreeing on priority areas to take up at national and regional levels and link to ongoing initiatives
- Showcasing the model of public-private partnerships within AFAAS country forums
- Getting understanding and buy-in to the GFRAS global project “Last-mile Programme”
- Updating on status of AFAAS country fora and prepare countries for the Last-mile Programme
- Leverage on different partners to review and plan for the Agricultural Extension Week 2019