The African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is organizing, in partnership with the West and Central Africa Network of Agricultural and Rural Advisory Services (RESCAR-AOC), the National Agency for Rural Development (ANADER) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Cote d’Ivoire, the 4th Africa-Wide Agricultural Extension Week back to back with the continental Agricultural and Animal Resources Fair (SARA) under the theme “Private Sector and Agricultural Advisory Services: What Synergies for Sustainable Agricultural Development in Africa” from 25th to 29th November 2019 in Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire).
Goal of the event: Diverse value chain actors including policy makers, youth, women, and other key AEAS professionals develop strategies for navigating round the knowledge barriers preventing AEAS from effectively supporting the engagement of the private sector in sustainable agricultural development in Africa.
Objectives of the event:
- To deepen the understanding of the roles of AEAS in creating synergies between the private sector and rural farmers
- To facilitate continued professional networking and learning of AEAS actors in Africa
- To enhance the knowledge base on how AEAS can promote agripreneurship by the youth and women in agricultural commodity value chain
- To develop capacities for Agripreneurship and Value Chains development in Africa
- Outline strategies to enhance efficiency and sustainability of private sector – AEAS platforms
Further and updated information on the event will be released frequently from end of April 2019.