Le conseil agricole a fait l’objet, ces dernières années, d’un regain d’intérêt au niveau des politiques agricoles et de l’aide au développement. Les formes, les acteurs et les modes de gouvernance du conseil agricole ont largement évolué, notamment pour faire face à l’insuffisance des dispositifs étatiques, et ce dans un contexte de tensions autour des ressources financières dédiées au conseil agricole.
Ce bulletin de veille spécial Conseil Agricole d’Inter-réseaux propose une série de références bibliographiques qui rendent compte de ces transformations et des nouveaux enjeux du conseil agricole en Afrique. Il est accessible ici
The African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is organizing, in partnership with the West and Central Africa Network of Agricultural and Rural Advisory Services (RESCAR-AOC), the National Agency for Rural Development (ANADER) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Cote d’Ivoire, the 4th Africa-Wide Agricultural Extension Week back to back with the continental Agricultural and Animal Resources Fair (SARA) under the theme “Private Sector and Agricultural Advisory Services: What Synergies for Sustainable Agricultural Development in Africa” from 25th to 29th November 2019 in Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire).
The theme of the event is: “Private Sector and Agricultural Advisory Services: What Synergies for Sustainable Agricultural Development in Africa”.
Goal of the event: Diverse value chain actors including policy makers, youth, women, and other key AEAS professionals develop strategies for navigating round the knowledge barriers preventing AEAS from effectively supporting the engagement of the private sector in sustainable agricultural development in Africa.
Objectives of the event:
- To deepen the understanding of the roles of AEAS in creating synergies between the private sector and rural farmers
- To facilitate continued professional networking and learning of AEAS actors in Africa
- To enhance the knowledge base on how AEAS can promote agripreneurship by the youth and women in agricultural commodity value chain
- To develop capacities for Agripreneurship and Value Chains development in Africa
- Outline strategies to enhance efficiency and sustainability of private sector – AEAS platforms
Further and updated information on the event will be released frequently from end of April 2019.
Save the date! The 10th GFRAS Annual Meeting, whose topic is « Role of RAS in Climate Change & Disaster Risk Management » will take place in Jamaica between 30 September and 4 October, and registration for the event will open soon, at the end of April. The concept note will also be available then. Side Events are planned to take place on September 30th, the main meeting between October 1-3, and a General Assembly on October 4th.
more information on www.g-fras.org
18. June 2019 – 21. June 2019, CREA – Centro di ricerca Olivicoltura, Frutticoltura e Agrumicoltura – Acireale, Italy
The conference will provide an opportunity to exchange ideas and experiences among researchers, technicians and others who are involved in Extension and Education. We would like to exchange thoughts about the development of our field and to look forward towards the future.
The overarching theme of the conference is « Agricultural Education and Extension tuned on innovation for sustainability. Experiences and perspectives ».
The ESEE 2019 will offer the opportunity to discuss the new roles and functions played by Extension and Education within interactive innovation frameworks. Together will analyze which enhancement of skills and capabilities are necessary and which approaches, methods and instruments are useful to improve the effectiveness and impacts.
ESEE will specifically focus on policy and governance frameworks and will explore the experiences aimed at supporting « enabling environments » for innovation.
For more information on the seminar click here
A l’ensemble des membres et partenaires de RESCAR-AOC,
Je souhaite une très belle et heureuse année 2019 : Santé, Joie, Réussite, Paix et beaucoup de Grâces et d’agréables surprises.
Après une période assez laborieuse, l’année 2019 sera certainement celle de l’accélération et du déploiement complet de RESCAR-AOC. Dans cette optique, plusieurs initiatives sont en cours de développement, nous travaillons également sur un projet de plan d’actions que nous partagerons avec vous d’ici le 15 janvier. Je suis sûr qu’avec la contribution de tous et de chacun, nous y arriverons.
Bonne année encore
« 9th GFRAS Annual Meeting
Addressing Challenges and Seizing Opportunities: Developing Effective Partnerships in RAS
22-25 October 2018 Jeonju, Korea
We, more than 152 participants, comprising extension practitioners from public, private and civil society organizations, farmers’ organisations, policymakers and representatives of the agricultural research and development community, academia, the private sector, donor agencies, and financial institutions from 56 countries; congregated at the Rural Development Administration in Jeonju, Korea, from 22 to 25 October 2018 for the 9th GFRAS Annual Meeting under the theme ”Addressing Challenges and Seizing Opportunities: Developing Effective Partnerships in Rural Advisory Services (RAS)”. Concerned on the role and importance of RAS globally:
We hereby call upon all key stakeholders – including governments, extension professionals, farmers’ organizations, regional and global bodies, the private sector, civil society, development partners and donors – to work together to:
- Invest innovatively and continuously in RAS as an effective means to eliminate poverty and hunger,
- Strenghen the role of the public sector in providing RAS effectively and efficiently (as has been demonstrated in countries such as Korea and Vietnam), and create enabling environments for leveraging partherships among and between RAS actors for sustainable rural livelihoods.
- Reinforce partnerships among RAS actors nationally, regionally, and globally, taking advantage of information and communication technologies, and
- Enable the young generation to contribute to the future development of sustainable agriculture and rural society.
Dated this 25th of October, 2018
Jeonju, Korea ».
to download the Declaration here
This side-event of the 9th GFRAS Annual Meeting is organized by CIRAD, RESCAR-AOC and GFRAS with the support of AFD (Agence Française de Développement) and DLEC (The Feed the Future Developing Local Extension Capacity project funded by USAID) and will take place on October 22nd 2018.
Advisory services are back to agenda in Africa to address crucial issues such as poverty alleviation, food security or climate change. These advisory services are changing rapidly due to the emergence of new players, especially farmers’ organizations and private sector, and new technologies of information and communication. In this context the role of the States is changing with challenges related to the governance of pluralistic advisory services, new sustainable funding mechanisms and a huge demand for capacity building.
The objectives of the side-event are:
- Identification of the characteristics and main challenges for Rural Advisory Services in West and Central Africa as emerged from results of two recent studies (one funded by AFD and carried-out by a consortium CIRAD-Inter-Réseaux-IRAM-CER France, another one funded by USAID and carried out by DLEC) ; these studies will be complemented by inputs of participants based on their own experiences;
- Identification of ongoing initiatives where we will give room to other actors operating in the region to come and share their points
- Discussion about policy recommendations based on the two recent studies ; we will be able to fine tune the recommendations for policy makers and donors
- Discussions about potential synergic actions around the key points of the diagnosis. We would really be interested in actionable follow up in the region following the side event.
People interested to attend are kindly requested to send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th October, 2018 the latest, for organizational purposes.
In close collaboration with the GFRAS Secretariat team, the regional networks and working groups, as well as the GFRAS Steering Committee, the Executive Secretary is responsible, amongst other tasks, for policy, advocacy and rural engagement on RAS, providing technical advice for networks, and managing GFRAS Secretariat and the team in close collaboration with the programme manager.
Starting date: Early 2019, per agreement
Closing date for applications: 03 October 2018
The complete job posting and candidate requirements can be found here.
The 9th Annual Meeting of the Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services (GFRAS) will take place from 22-25 October 2018 at the headquarter of the Rural Development Administration (RDA) in North Jeolla Province, Republic of Korea, with side events on 22 October. The Annual Meeting will be preceded by a meeting of the Asia Pacific Island Rural Advisory Services Network (APIRAS) as well as a sub-regional meeting of the Rural Innovation Centre for Knowledge and Investment (RICKI).
The topic of the GFRAS Annual Meeting will be “Addressing Challenges and Seizing Opportunities: Developing Effective Partnerships in RAS”. Co-organisers and hosts are RDA and APIRAS.
Building on the experience of previous GFRAS meetings, the capacity assessments of GFRAS regional networks, and on the expertise, knowledge, and experiences of participants, the three objectives of the 2018 Annual Meeting are to:
- identify and define good practices, best-fit approaches and strategies to develop, strengthen, and maintain effective partnerships in RAS, with a particular focus on smart technologies, financing, and collaboration across stakeholders;
- identify and define ways to build the capacities needed at different levels and by different stakeholders (policy, research, education, extension, farmers) to develop, strengthen, and maintain effective partnerships in RAS; and to
- identify and define the roles and capacities needed by GFRAS and its regional RAS networks to play an important and meaningful role in developing, strengthening and maintaining effective partnerships.
Find out more // pour plus d’informations, cliquer ici